I’m Rebecca, a 30-something marketing professional and freelance writer with a passion for writing and creative thinking. I think, therefore I blog.
Like so many of us out there, one of my life’s goals is to find (and sustain) happiness and fulfillment, and I believe this can be achieved in part through constant learning, development, and self-improvement.
I believe that a healthy mind, body, and spirit are the keys to “living life brightly”. I hope you’ll join me on my journey to do just that, and share your own methods for living a brighter life!
A few random facts about me:
I’m a bit of an introvert by nature, but I love meeting new people and trying new things.
There’s nothing I love more than a good book, and I meet with a few of my girlfriends every month for book club.
- I love to travel! In addition to traveling to many states in the U.S., including Hawaii, I’ve traveled to the Philippines, Nicaragua, and several European countries. I hope to travel to many more in my lifetime.
- I am passionate about writing everything from poetry to articles to marketing collateral.
- I love movies in general, but especially horror movies! In fact, my best friend and I write another blog together: http://scaredshirtless.wordpress.com.
- My favorite color is green.
- I’m currently obsessed with New Girl, Game of Thrones, Homeland, and The Walking Dead.
- I love sending and receiving handwritten letters.
- I’m constantly in search of better ways to organize my home, workplace, and life.
- I have a sweet tooth and enjoy baking.
- I could literally sit on the couch all day and do nothing but sip tea, play around on Pinterest, and watch Say Yes to the Dress.
- One of the things that gives me the most satisfaction in life is making my home and my wardrobe pretty on a budget. I love a good deal!
- Tigerlilys are my favorite flower.
- I’m very interested in learning about nutrition and healthy living.
- I am a black belt in karate.
- I love to create, whether it’s scrapbooking, blogging, cooking, writing…
- I love to make lists. I don’t know what it is, but they give me such a sense of order and satisfaction.
- My biggest pet peeve is when people are late.
- If I wasn’t in my current profession, I would probably want to be an interior decorator.